Rochdale man charged following a fatal collision in Cheetham Hill
Date published: 01 June 2021
Photo: Joel Goodman
Manchester & Salford Magistrates Court
A Rochdale man has been charged following a fatal collision in Manchester on Sunday (30 May 2021).
Officers were called to a report of a road traffic collision involving a Volkswagen Jetta and a parked car on Smedley Lane, Cheetham Hill, just after 7.30pm.
The rear passenger of the Volkswagen, a 30-year-old man, suffered life threatening injuries and despite the best efforts of emergency staff, died a short time later in hospital.
Dylan Lipinski, 28, was charged with death by dangerous driving, driving whilst disqualified, failing to provide a sample, failing to stop and driving with no insurance.
He has appeared at Manchester Magistrates court today (1 June) and has been remanded in custody to appear at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on 6 July.
Another man, a 31 year-old, was arrested and has since been released pending further enquiries.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Obituary: Lee Scott Doran
- 2Queen's birthday honours for local councillor, nurse consultant and school governor
- 3Care home failed to call for medical help after elderly mum suffered fall weeks after breaking hip
- 4‘Every woman in public life has experienced this’: Councillor speaks out on ‘gender-specific...
- 5Two solar-powered bins installed in Milkstone and Deeplish