Woman's body recovered from Hey Brook in Hamer
Date published: 03 June 2021
Photo: Shereen Mills
The large police presence on Foxholes Road at the top of Red Lane
The body of a woman has been recovered this afternoon from Hey Brook, near Foxholes Road (Thursday 3 June).
At around 2.09pm this afternoon (3 June) police were called to a report of a concern for the welfare of a woman in the water near to Foxholes Road, Rochdale.
A spokesperson for police said: "Emergency services attended and sadly found the body of a woman, who was recovered from the water."
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) said: “At approximately 2pm on Thursday 3 June, two fire engines from Rochdale, the Water Incident Unit from Heywood and the Technical Response Unit from Leigh were called to a Greater Manchester Police incident near Foxholes Road, Rochdale.
“Firefighters were in attendance for around one hour.”
Enquiries are ongoing.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Obituary: Lee Scott Doran
- 2Queen's birthday honours for local councillor, nurse consultant and school governor
- 3Care home failed to call for medical help after elderly mum suffered fall weeks after breaking hip
- 4‘Every woman in public life has experienced this’: Councillor speaks out on ‘gender-specific...
- 5Two solar-powered bins installed in Milkstone and Deeplish