Shop local with Rochdale’s £5 festival
Date published: 10 June 2021
The Flower Studio is taking part in Fiver Fest
Spending just £5 a week makes a big difference to high streets, so a selection of Rochdale’s independent businesses are hosting special deals in a £5 festival between 12 and 26 June.
Part of the Totally Locally Fiver Fest, town centre businesses will put on special £5 offers over the fortnight, both to encourage the community to shop locally and also say thank you to those that support them.
Over 20 town centre businesses are taking part, offering deals from eyebrow shaping to nine-minutes on a sunbed or even a sunny cocktail.
Paul Ambrose, Business Improvement District Manager, said: “Fiver Fest is a great opportunity to showcase the town centres fantastic and growing number of independent businesses. Our independent shops and businesses help to form the character of the town centre and they play a pivotal role in the wellbeing of our town centre community.
“The businesses who do take part enjoy it and they realise that by helping each other out rather than competing, it is then for everyone’s benefit.
“The last Fiver Fest was really successful and I encourage everyone to have a look at the offers and support your local town centre independent businesses.”
Tony, who runs the Tree House bar, which lies within the Baillie Street Quarter, said: “I thank the Business Improvement District for organising this great event which supports the town centres independent businesses.
“The Fiver Fest initiative is a fantastic way to encourage people into the town centre, not only to pick up a bargain but to also explore the shops or business that they may not have been in before.”
Bev, who runs the Flower Studio in Lord Square, said: “Fiver Fest is a fantastic initiative that has previously brought us new customers and offered them the chance to pick up a bargain.
“I’m sure this Fiver Fest will be a great boost for town centre and give businesses the chance to build new relationships with customers.”
Fiver Fest is a free to join campaign, devised and run by Totally Locally, a grass roots high street organisation that has been helping businesses and high streets to help themselves since 2010 with incredible results.
Fiver Fest is based around the now famous Totally Locally £5 message:
If every adult in Rochdale spent just £5 per week in their local independent shops and businesses, it would mean £21 million per year going directly into our local economy. Which can lead to more jobs, a better high street, a stronger economy and a nicer place to live. Makes you think, doesn’t it?
Deals to be found include:
- Quality Butcher – 2kg of mixed mince
- Adam James – eyebrow wax
- Bean – coffee/tea and a cake
- Gans Groceries – box of mangos
- Tanfantastic – nine minute sunbed session and pot of cream
- Toys a Roo – to be confirmed
- Greg Couzens – three handmade soaps
- Fair Trade Shop – glass mosaic bowl
- TMST – two pairs of selected flip flops
- Health Food Shop – 90 day turmeric supplement
- Chantilly – pair of briefs
- Candy Kabin – Three packets of Takis
- Petit – house cocktail
- Abaco – breakfast ciabatta and hot drink
- Head Quarters – OAP trim
- Crollas – men’s OAP trim
- Heavenly Scents – four wax melt tubs
- Simply Special – eyebrow shape
- Fresh Prep – any meal with turkey
- GW Menswear – selected t-shirts and socks
- Laughing Loaf – small breakfast and a brew
- Flower Studio – small floral bunch
- Number 10 – child’s jigsaw
- Knockout Snacks – chicken strip burger
- Tree House Bar – rum punch
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Obituary: Lee Scott Doran
- 2Queen's birthday honours for local councillor, nurse consultant and school governor
- 3Care home failed to call for medical help after elderly mum suffered fall weeks after breaking hip
- 4‘Every woman in public life has experienced this’: Councillor speaks out on ‘gender-specific...
- 5Two solar-powered bins installed in Milkstone and Deeplish