Woman found in Hey Brook stream identified as Joanne Baird
Date published: 09 June 2021
Photo: Greater Manchester Police
The woman who was sadly found in the Hey Brook stream at Hamer last week has been identified as 42-year-old Joanne Baird (also known as Joanne Mitchell).
At around 2pm on Thursday 3 June 2021, police sadly located the body of a woman - identified as 42-year-old Joanne Baird but also known as Joanne Mitchell from the Rochdale area - in the water at Hey Brook, Hamer, Rochdale.
The death is currently being treated as unexplained and detectives are keen to speak to anyone who knew Joanne, or had any contact with her in the days leading up to 3 June.
Officers have also released an image of Joanne, as well as an image of a jumper that is similar to the one that Joanne was found wearing.
Detective Inspector David Crewe, from GMP's Rochdale Division, said: "We'd like to reassure the community that we're following up a number of lines of enquiry following Joanne's death
"Her death is not currently being treated as suspicious but we're now appealing for anyone who may have seen or spoken to Joanne to come forward to try to establish the circumstances of how she came to be in the water.
"Anyone with information is asked to contact Rochdale CID on 0161 856 8635.
"Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘We have lost an awful lot of parking space’: Businesses owners’ concerns over closure of town hall...
- 2Robber pushes pram over into road before ripping necklace from mum’s neck in broad daylight
- 3Russell’s Café moves to Yorkshire Street
- 4Huge emergency services response at River Roch in search for missing man, later found safe
- 5RSPCA on the move as Hollingworth Lake permission granted