Memorial day for Stamford House staff member
Date published: 12 June 2021
Stamford House Residential Home staff and residents enjoyed the summer house dedicated to Carolyn Knight on Spring bank holiday
Stamford House Residential Home held a memorial day celebration on Spring bank holiday (Monday 31 May 2021).
The day was held in tribute to Carolyn Knight, a staff member who sadly passed away in October 2020.
Dedicated to Carolyn’s memory with a plaque, the home’s garden has been fitted with a summer house for staff and residents to sit peacefully, reflect, and enjoy the outdoor area.
The new space was put to good use on the memorial day as staff and residents enjoyed a BBQ in the newly refurbished garden, and bingo and garden games were played.
Singer Zoe Unsworth later provided afternoon entertainment, before Kaddy's Superwhip stopped by and attendees enjoyed ice creams to help keep cool in the hot bank holiday weather.
Roxanne Sharp, Activities and Events Coordinator at Stamford House, said: “Residents had a fantastic time out in the sunshine, and it was a perfect way for us to remember our dear friend and colleague.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 2Fundraiser set up for Rochdale couple after their 3-year-old son loses battle with cancer
- 3Free bulky waste collections to be introduced in Rochdale as council aims to stamp out fly-tipping
- 4Archaeologists at ‘Big Dig’ hope to uncover Rochdale’s Anglo-Saxon history
- 5Broadfield Park Hotel taken over by Brilliant Hospitality Management