Royal Mail warns of delays to local postal deliveries
Date published: 26 July 2021
Royal Mail is warning of delays to deliveries in Rochdale and Middleton
Royal Mail is warning local customers of potential delays to postal deliveries in five postcode areas in Rochdale and Middleton.
An update on the Royal Mail website said: “Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week.
“We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.
“It’s only in extreme cases - where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible.”
The company has warned customers that there are likely disruptions this week to a number of postcode areas across the country including OL11, OL12, OL15, OL16 and M24 postcodes.
The statement on the Royal Mail site also said that the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits is being prioritised.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Grand opening of Russell’s Café
- 2Dawn raids see seven arrests and drugs, combat weapons and cash seized
- 3Controversial plans to build new housing estate on former chemical works site resurrected
- 4Council chief executive uses emergency powers to kick off second phase of flagship regeneration...
- 5150 years young: Rochdale Town Hall marks historic milestone