Man jailed for six years after Mellor Street machete attack
Date published: 03 September 2021
Photo: Google, Digital Globe
Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court
A 20-year-old man from High Wycombe has been jailed for six years after a machete attack on Mellor Street, Rochdale, earlier this year.
Owais Ali appeared at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Friday 27 August, where he pleaded guilty to three charges of wounding and possessing an offensive weapon.
Both a 27-year-old man and a 53-year-old woman were attacked with a machete after Ali gained entry to their Mellor Street house on 22 May 2021.
Enquiries established that three men arrived in a blue Renault Captur, before forcing entry to a property and attacking the man, who was taken to hospital with serious injuries to his hands, arms and back, requiring surgery.
The woman was taken to hospital with a minor injury to her hand.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Five men from Heywood, Rochdale and Littleborough charged with drug offences after dawn raids
- 2Retail and hospitality jobs' fair in Rochdale town centre
- 3Man taken to hospital after two-vehicle collision closes Howard Street, Rochdale
- 4Work begins on 420-place primary school in Littleborough
- 5Former Dale goalkeeper jailed for 28 years for sexual offences