Car stolen in Rochdale recovered in Prestwich after attempted car theft
Date published: 07 September 2021
Photo: Greater Manchester Police
Within the vehicle was as a number of items of stolen property including catalytic converters, and what was believed to be the weapon used in the robbery
A grey VW Golf which had been stolen from Rochdale has been recovered in Prestwich after two men tried to steal parts from a car.
Police were called just before 2.30pm on Monday 6 September to reports that two men were attempting to steal parts from a car on Milton Road in Prestwich.
The men threatened the car owner with a large stick, before leaving the scene in a grey VW, believed to be stolen.
Officers from the Roads Policing Unit patrolling the Cheetham Hill area sighted the car, engaged in a lengthy pursuit before the vehicle was abandoned on Brickley Street. Following a short foot chase, a man was detained.
A grey VW Golf which had previously been stolen from the Rochdale area has been recovered. Within the vehicle was a number of items of stolen property including catalytic converters, and what was believed to be the weapon used in the robbery.
A 22-year old man has been arrested on suspicion of robbery, as well as burglary, and remains in custody for questioning. Enquiries are ongoing.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Five men from Heywood, Rochdale and Littleborough charged with drug offences after dawn raids
- 2Retail and hospitality jobs' fair in Rochdale town centre
- 3Man taken to hospital after two-vehicle collision closes Howard Street, Rochdale
- 4Work begins on 420-place primary school in Littleborough
- 5Former Dale goalkeeper jailed for 28 years for sexual offences