Police investigation after gun fired on Albert Royds Street
Date published: 13 September 2021
Photo: Brian Jackson - stock.adobe.com
Enquiries have led detectives to believe a firearms discharge has taken place
Police have launched an investigation after a gun was fired on Albert Royds Street in Rochdale on Saturday night (11 September).
Detectives launched an investigation and following enquiries, it is believed a dispute took place between two groups outside a business on the street before a man from a group entered the store.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: "Enquiries have led detectives to believe a firearms discharge has taken place. No one has been reported injured."
An investigation is on-going and anyone with information or may have seen anything is asked to report it online or by using our LiveChat service at www.gmp.police.uk.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Front entrance of Rochdale railway station closed for seven days from Monday
- 2Stunning replica of planet Earth to be unveiled next month in Rochdale
- 3Rochdale to adopt 20mph speed limit on residential roads as councillors back call for safer streets
- 4Rochdale health visitor wins award for supporting isolated families during the pandemic
- 5Milnrow businesswoman appeals for once loved handbags for domestic abuse survivors