Online information session to help sports clubs and physical activity providers score more funding
Date published: 25 September 2021
Phil Greenwood and Hayley Tomlinson from Action Together
Local charity Action Together is hosting a free online information session on Wednesday (29 September) to help and support sports clubs and physical activity providers.
Whether you’re a newly formed or a long-established sports club or physical activity provider, you can join Action Together’s #WednesdaysWeekly - Sport and Physical Activity Providers online information session to discover how the charity can strengthen your service.
The session takes place from 1pm - 2pm and will cover:
- support with organisational development
- networking with organisations in your area
- support with recruiting and managing volunteers
- regular information about local changes, news, funding and training relevant to you
- having a say and be involved in decision making about the things you care about
- opportunities to promote your group and its services or activities
- help to achieve Action Together’s Quality in Action and Volunteering in Action Award
Julie Durrant, Neighbourhood Facilitator at Action Together who is leading the session has 32 years’ experience in the sporting community, commented: “Clubs get lots of support from national governing bodies, however, Action Together provides added value to managing the day-to-day challenges of running your local group, saving you time to focus on what matters most to your group.
“The free #WednesdaysWeekly - Sport and Physical Activity providers session is ideal for local clubs looking to save time running your organisation. It will include an opportunity to meet our staff and ask lots of questions about our game-changing free membership services.”
Action Together supports and advises voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise groups, which includes sports clubs and physical activity providers, across Rochdale by providing training, a range of networking opportunities, help with finding and securing funding and much more through its free membership.
You can register for the event here.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser started for families of Electricity North West engineers killed and injured in crash
- 2Electricity North West engineer killed in Littleborough crash
- 3Driver arrested after car flipped onto flower bed in Middleton
- 4Little ‘Pink’ Borough: Busy Beans Coffee and The Image Warehouse named best dressed windows
- 5Rochdale Neighbourhood Task Force make three arrests in crack down on burglaries