Three teenagers charged with burglary after Gordon Riggs break-in
Date published: 17 September 2021
Tills smashed at Gordon Riggs garden centre Rochdale
Three teenagers have been charged with burglary following a break-in at Gordon Rigg Garden Centre in Rochdale.
Two 17-year-old males and a 15-year-old male have been charged with burglary and bailed to appear at Manchester Magistrates' Court on Tuesday 21 September.
Police were called to the garden centre on Moss Bridge Road just after midnight on Saturday 11 September to reports of a burglary.
The teenagers broke into the garden centre shortly after 9.45pm, scaling the gate between the main road and the centre’s car park.
Once inside, the boys took only sweets and soft drinks, plus change from the charity collection boxes. They also smashed a window and the tills, which had to be retrieved from the roof.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man jailed for spiking woman's drink and then sexually assaulting her
- 2Little Amal heading to Rochdale during epic journey
- 3Pink flamingos take up residence in Middleton
- 4Housing association under pressure to ‘produce the goods’ as plans to regenerate deprived area...
- 5Property giant unveils ‘sports hub’ plan for controversial green belt site earmarked for hundreds...