K Stars Morris Dancing Troupe scoop 16 trophies at championships
Date published: 22 September 2021
K Stars Morris Dancing Troupe
Rochdale’s K Stars Morris Dancing Troupe have scooped 16 trophies at this year’s annual end of season championships in Wales.
The group won a raft of accolades across six categories, including tots, babies, dinkies, juniors, seniors and dads.
The babies team, the second youngest group, were awarded first place champions, champion leader and mascot, whilst the tots, the troupe’s youngest dancers, picked up second place and champion leader.
The dinkies, aged six to nine; juniors, 12-16; and seniors, aged 16 and over, all picked up second place trophies whilst the seniors also landed third place and champion leader accolades.
Iylah Hawker was named the Dinkies Championship Dancer of 2021, K Stars Dads won the Dads’ Line Award and marching comp winners included Isabella Hibbert-Jones, Ruby McDermott, and Elise Croney.
Trainer Kirsty Fearnehough, who set the troupe up in 2016, said: “It was our first time out after two years. Nerves were running high and they all still got on the floor and danced their socks off. They did me very proud.”
The troupe consists of dancers ranging from two to 50 years in age.
K Stars meet for practice on Fridays from 1 October at St Thomas' Church in Kirkholt (5pm-7pm).
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man jailed for spiking woman's drink and then sexually assaulting her
- 2Little Amal heading to Rochdale during epic journey
- 3Pink flamingos take up residence in Middleton
- 4Property giant unveils ‘sports hub’ plan for controversial green belt site earmarked for hundreds...
- 5Housing association under pressure to ‘produce the goods’ as plans to regenerate deprived area...