Man, 35, arrested on suspicion of arson after Manchester Road fire
Date published: 23 September 2021
A 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life and remains in custody for questioning
A 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson after reports of a fire on Manchester Road, Rochdale, at 6.30am this morning (Thursday 23 September).
The man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life and remains in custody for questioning.
Thankfully there were no injuries
Detective Inspector Matthew Hamer, of Rochdale CID, said: "This incident could have escalated and been much worse, putting other members of the public in danger.
"Our officers have moved quickly to identify and arrest a suspect."
Anyone with information should call police on 0161 856 4668 quoting incident 515 of 23/09/2021.
Information can also be reported online or by using the Live Chat function at https://crowd.in/oSgPmP.
If you can't report online, call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man jailed for spiking woman's drink and then sexually assaulting her
- 2Little Amal heading to Rochdale during epic journey
- 3Pink flamingos take up residence in Middleton
- 4Housing association under pressure to ‘produce the goods’ as plans to regenerate deprived area...
- 5Property giant unveils ‘sports hub’ plan for controversial green belt site earmarked for hundreds...