Man taken to hospital after two-vehicle collision closes Howard Street, Rochdale
Date published: 24 September 2021
Traffic was forced to turn around at the junction of Redcar Street, which is no-entry, and the bottom of Heights Lane
A man has been taken to hospital after a two-vehicle collision on Howard Street, Rochdale, on Friday morning (24 September).
The collision has closed a section of the road between the bottom of Heights Lane and the mini-roundabout at Whitehall Street. The road was still closed as of 1.30pm with traffic forced to turn around at the junction of Redcar Street, which is no-entry, and the bottom of Heights Lane.
Traffic was also diverted via Whitworth Road and Whitehall Street, as well as onto Manchester Road from Redcross Street.
A spokesperson for the North West Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 11.41am to reports of an RTC involving two vehicles.
“We sent one ambulance and took a man to hospital.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man jailed for spiking woman's drink and then sexually assaulting her
- 2Little Amal heading to Rochdale during epic journey
- 3Pink flamingos take up residence in Middleton
- 4Housing association under pressure to ‘produce the goods’ as plans to regenerate deprived area...
- 5Property giant unveils ‘sports hub’ plan for controversial green belt site earmarked for hundreds...