Driver flees collision after car flips
Date published: 05 October 2021
Car flipped on Albert Royds Street
A driver fled a collision which saw a car flipped onto its side on Albert Royds Street on Monday afternoon (4 October).
Emergency services were called to the two-vehicle collision just before 2.10pm.
The driver of one of the vehicles made off from the scene on foot, police said.
No one needed to be taken to hospital.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) said: “At 2.20pm yesterday (Monday 4 October) we were called to reports of a road traffic collision involving two vehicles on Albert Royds Street, Rochdale.
“One fire engine from Rochdale fire station quickly attended, and a fire service trauma technician attended to one woman at the scene. The crew made the vehicles safe before handing over to colleagues from Greater Manchester Police after just over half an hour.”
Enquiries are ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact police online, if able, or via 101 quoting incident 1647 of 04/10/2021.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser started for families of Electricity North West engineers killed and injured in crash
- 2Electricity North West engineer killed in Littleborough crash
- 3Driver arrested after car flipped onto flower bed in Middleton
- 4Little ‘Pink’ Borough: Busy Beans Coffee and The Image Warehouse named best dressed windows
- 5Rochdale Neighbourhood Task Force make three arrests in crack down on burglaries