Heywood homes evacuated as firefighters tackle van fire
Date published: 06 October 2021
Photo: J Media Group Fire Ground Photography
Firefighters were on scene for several hours
Homes were evacuated after a van fire on Tuesday (5 October) in Heywood centre.
Firefighters tackled the Brierley Street blaze at around 5pm after receiving reports of a fire in a van containing gas cylinders.
Two fire engines from Heywood and Bury attended the incident, which closed both Brierley Street and Bradshaw Street.
A spokesperson for GMFRS said: ““The fire involved a transit van containing acetylene cylinders.
“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a gas monitor, a thermal imaging camera and other specialist equipment to extinguish the fire.
“Fire crews were in attendance for several hours.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser started for families of Electricity North West engineers killed and injured in crash
- 2Electricity North West engineer killed in Littleborough crash
- 3Driver arrested after car flipped onto flower bed in Middleton
- 4Little ‘Pink’ Borough: Busy Beans Coffee and The Image Warehouse named best dressed windows
- 5Rochdale Neighbourhood Task Force make three arrests in crack down on burglaries