Norden is tickled pink for Cancer Research UK
Date published: 18 October 2021
Pink bunting outside Hope on Edenfield Road
The village of Norden has been tickled pink for Cancer Research UK this month.
NEEVA, the Norden Environmental & Economic Village Association, has joined forces with the Heywood and Rochdale Cancer Research Committee to turn the village pink throughout October, which is Cancer Awareness Month.
Pink bunting has been strung up across the village shops, with more to follow.
Paul Ellison, chairman of NEEVA, said: “We are encouraging all shop keepers and residents in the village to also decorate their windows to raise awareness and to make the village a sea of pink.
“Collection boxes will be placed throughout shops in the village as every donation counts.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Huge organised crime blitz sees over a dozen arrested in Rochdale before dawn
- 210 men charged with 56 offences after dawn raids
- 3£150k lottery win for Shawclough residents
- 4Mental health service warned it could face closure as it’s placed in special measures for a second...
- 5New business selling ‘bespoke’ Caribbean rum online given go-ahead by licensing committee