Toddler seriously injured in Whitworth collision
Date published: 21 October 2021
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Cowm Park Way South, Whitworth
A toddler has been seriously injured in a collision in Whitworth.
Emergency services were called at 5.25pm yesterday (Wednesday, 20 October) following reports of a collision between a two-year-old boy and a Ford Focus car on Cowm Park Way South.
The boy suffered serious head injuries and was taken to hospital by ambulance. He remains in a serious condition.
Sgt Martin Wilcock, of the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “This collision has left a young child with some very serious injuries and my thoughts are with his family at this time. We have an officer giving them support.
“I would appeal to anyone who either witnessed the collision itself or who has any CCTV or dashcam footage to come forward and contact police.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting log 1137 of 20 October.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1£150k lottery win for Shawclough residents
- 2Christmas Toy Appeal needs your support
- 3Huge organised crime blitz sees over a dozen arrested in Rochdale before dawn
- 4Mental health service warned it could face closure as it’s placed in special measures for a second...
- 510 men charged with 56 offences after dawn raids