Oldham men charged with murder after taxi driver dies
Date published: 17 November 2021
Photo: Angie Harrison
The scene at Queensway after the assault
Connor McPartland and Martin Treacy have been charged with murder after a taxi driver died following an assault on Queensway in October.
Both men, of Oldham, have been remanded in custody to appear at Manchester Magistrates Court tomorrow (18 November).
The taxi driver - a male aged 39 - had been seriously assaulted shortly before 5am on Saturday 30 October.
The victim was taken to hospital with serious injuries. He sadly passed away in hospital on Sunday 14 November.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale man sentenced to 14 years in prison after running elderly man over with his own car
- 2Landlord of historic pub assures locals he’s ‘not turning it into a rave’ as venue gets outdoor...
- 3Four new units being built at Kingsway Business Park
- 4PossAbilities to feature in BBC One documentary with Paddy and Christine McGuinness
- 5Charges for funeral webcasts to be brought in next year – but plan could change if Covid...