Huge fire at mill in Middleton
Date published: 31 December 2021
The fire at a mill in Middleton
Firefighters have been tackling a blaze in a mill on Townley Street in Middleton which started around 8.45pm last night (30 December).
Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said that three floors of the mill were alight when they arrived and eight fire engines attended the scene.
Roads were closed in the area and residents advised to keep all windows and doors closed. Townley Street has since reopened.
The owners of Lodge Mill posted on social media to say that no-one had been injured in the fire and 'Lodge Mill and the engine house survive. Stay safe everyone and we will keep everyone informed as to the next steps."
Group Manager Jason Rain who was in charge at the incident, said: "Thanks to the swift response and hard work of our crews we’ve managed to get on top of this challenging incident.
"This has been a multi-agency response, and I’d like to thank colleagues in all blue-light services and at Rochdale Council for their support at this incident.
"I’d also like to thank local residents for their cooperation, and ask that people continue to stay clear of the area at this time.
“An investigation will be carried out to determine the cause of the fire.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man arrested following the death of a woman in Littleborough crash
- 2Rochdale barber crowned winner of Manchester Great British Barber Bash
- 3Dogs seized and one "humanely destroyed" after boy, 3, dies after dog attack
- 4Three Rochdale men charged with vehicle thefts in Greater Manchester and Cheshire
- 5Investigation launched in Milnrow as boy, 3, dies after 'dog attack'