Spotland Community Centre expands welfare service to Falinge Park High School
Date published: 08 January 2022
Falinge Park High School
Spotland Community Centre has expanded its welfare service to run from Falinge Park High School.
The welfare advice service has been running at the community centre for several years, helping the vulnerable and those most in need.
From Friday 14 January, it will also provide weekly, confidential appointments at Falinge Park High School with welfare advice officer Javed Akhtar on a one-to-one basis in the mornings.
Javed is fluent in both Punjabi and Urdu, providing help and support with Personal Independence Payments (PIP), Universal Credit, welfare rights and other related benefits.
Asghar Ali, centre manager, said: “This is a great opportunity for parents and carers to access this provision in-house, especially if they are struggling to get down to the centre.”
Other languages can be accommodated, and translators arranged on request.
For more information, or to book an appointment, please contact Michelle Facchinello on 01706 631246 (ext 3222), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale entrepreneurs in search of a soup dragon
- 2ALL Rochdale borough taxis on strike on Monday 24 January
- 3Dragons' Den success for Kandy Kitchen Creations
- 4More than 100 new homes to be built on former Carcraft site in Rochdale
- 5'No HGV' signs installed in Castleton after lorries trying to reach Cowm Top industrial estate...