Woman injured after becoming trapped under industrial equipment at Fieldhouse Industrial Estate
Date published: 11 January 2022
Emergency services at the Fieldhouse Industrial Estate
A woman has been taken to hospital after becoming trapped beneath industrial equipment at Fieldhouse Industrial Estate on Monday (10 January).
Emergency services were called to the Rochdale industrial estate at 3.44pm after a 999 call. Two fire engines from Rochdale quickly attended alongside police, the North West Ambulance Service and an air ambulance crew, which landed on the nearby Cronkeyshaw Common.
Firefighters were on scene for around one hour and 15 minutes, where they used specialist equipment to rescue the woman, who was then transferred to the care of the ambulance service.
An air ambulance crew, solo paramedic, advanced paramedic, and an ambulance crew helped treat the patient at the scene before she was transported to hospital by road.
Exact details of the injuries suffered by the woman have not been released by the emergency services.
A Health & Safety Executive spokesperson said: “We are of this incident and are making enquiries.”
Greater Manchester Police has also been contacted for information.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Castleton man jailed after assaulting four British Transport Police officers
- 2First bus strike: Three days of industrial action planned in fourth week of strikes
- 3People in Rochdale will soon be entitled to two free bulky waste collections every year
- 4Dragons' Den success for Kandy Kitchen Creations
- 5Local artist Doodlher puts her creative and iconic mark on Rochdale