Wardle Academy aiming to raise £600 to support physical and mental health of students

Date published: 04 February 2022

Wardle Academy is aiming to raise £600 to support the physical and mental health of pupils after the national lockdowns and support professional athletes via Sports For Champions.

Sports For Champions UK (CIC) aims to inspire children as the champions of tomorrow and provides schools with the opportunity to fundraise through the community, which can be utilised for new resources or facilities.  

They have worked with Wardle Academy to ensure that former Team GB World Champion Jaydon Paddock will visit on Wednesday 11 February, where he will give a talk and host a fitness session, as well as take questions and answers. 

The 20-year-old was triumphant alongside three of his teammates at the 2019 Trampoline, Tumbling & DMT World Championships in Tokyo and has strong aspirations to medal individually at future events.  

He will share his journey into becoming an artistic gymnast with students, while also promoting a healthier and more active lifestyle.  

Should they achieve their £600 goal, Wardle Academy will be able to keep 60% (£360) to spend on resources to enrich their pupils’ education, while professional athletes in need of support will benefit from the other 40% (£240).  

You can donate to Wardle Academy’s fundraiser at www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/wardleacademy.

Do you have a story for us?

Let us know by emailing news@rochdaleonline.co.uk
All contact will be treated in confidence.

To contact the Rochdale Online news desk, email news@rochdaleonline.co.uk or visit our news submission page.

To get the latest news on your desktop or mobile, follow Rochdale Online on Twitter and Facebook.

While you are here...

...we have a small favour to ask; would you support Rochdale Online and join other residents making a contribution, from just £3 per month?

Rochdale Online offers completely independent local journalism with free access. If you enjoy the independent news and other free services we offer (event listings and free community websites for example), please consider supporting us financially and help Rochdale Online to continue to provide local engaging content for years to come. Thank you.

Support Rochdale Online