Heywood man charged with child abduction
Date published: 31 July 2022
Photo: Joel Goodman
Manchester & Salford Magistrates Court
A man from Heywood has been charged with child abduction after an incident at Aldi last week.
Sergejus Paskevicius, 59, has been remanded in custody and was due to appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on Saturday 30 July accused of child abduction.
The charge relates to an incident involving a man and a child last Saturday afternoon (23 July) at the Aldi store on Bradshaw Street, Heywood.
A spokesperson for the police said: “We thank the public for their response and patience while we have conducted our enquires this week, and remind them not to share any information or images online that risk prejudicing this case.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children as young as 10 assaulting security guards, swearing and throwing furniture around...
- 2Rochdale man's body recovered in Cumbria after search for missing paddleboarder
- 3Sugar levy should be spent by councils to tackle physical inactivity and ensure lasting...
- 4Rochdale-born Al-Qaeda terrorist denied parole
- 5Milnrow man, 20, disqualified from driving for 4 years