Local Proclamation Ceremony to announce King Charles III as sovereign
Date published: 09 September 2022
Mayor of Rochdale Councillor Ali Ahmed will read a Proclamation on Sunday afternoon
The Mayor of Rochdale, Councillor Ali Ahmed will read a Proclamation on Sunday to formally announce King Charles III as sovereign.
The local Proclamation will take place on Sunday 11 September at 3pm outside Number One Riverside in Rochdale town centre. The national Proclamation of Ascension, is due to be read in London on Saturday 10 September.
The mayor will invite councillors, council officers, Honorary Aldermen, local MPs, local Deputy Lieutenants, the mayor’s chaplain, Borough Dean, the Vicar of Rochdale and residents to attend the local Proclamation ceremony.
The Proclamation will be read by the mayor, formally announcing to the borough that a new monarch is in place.
The event is open to the public and the council has advised that people wishing to attend to witness the event should arrive between 2.30pm and 3pm. The short service will end at approximately 3.15pm.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale locksmith collecting Christmas toy donations for underprivileged families
- 2Rochdale company strikes gold at regional manufacturing awards
- 3Fundraiser for father “in critical condition” after police car collision
- 4Wrenbury Drive's Christmas lights return
- 5Wardle man jailed following violent attacks on people during nights out