Man ‘attacked with metal bar’ during Heywood assault
Date published: 13 November 2023
Photo: J Media Group Press & Media
The incident took place on Bury New Road and High Street, Heywood, on 11 November
A man is believed to have been attacked with a metal bar during an assault in Heywood during the early hours of Saturday morning (11 November).
Police were called to reports of an assault on Bury New Road and High Street, where it is believed a man in his 40s was attacked with a metal bar which left him with lacerations to his leg and both of his arms.
He was taken to hospital where he was treated for his injuries, which are described as non-life threatening.
Three men aged 29, 29 and 54 were arrested at the scene on suspicion of Section 18 assault. They remain in custody for questioning and enquiries are still ongoing at this stage.
Anyone who witnessed this incident, who has any CCTV or dashcam footage, or anyone with information, is asked to contact police on 0161 856 8719 quoting log 496 of 11/11/2023.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man of Rochdale 2023: Wesley Dowd
- 2Early feasibility work being carried out for planned railway station at Slattocks
- 3Wrenbury Drive's Christmas lights return
- 4New hair salon on Whitworth Road hopes to be "hub of self-expression, empowerment and beauty"
- 5Christmas markets return to the Oxford for tenth year