Rochdale Observer offices to close
Date published: 10 March 2009
The Rochdale Observer offices on Drake Street are set for closure after MEN Media, the publisher of the Manchester Evening News, the Observer and 21 other North West weekly newspapers, announced that it would be closing all editorial offices of its weekly papers and making 150 employees redundant.
Staff at the Observer were told of the cuts today. Production of the paper will be moved to the MEN offices in central Manchester.
Further office closures will take place in Accrington, Ashton, Macclesfield, Oldham, Rossendale, Salford and Wilmslow and a total of 78 editorial jobs will be axed.
The Guardian Media Group is set to issue a statement later this afternoon.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale man sentenced to 14 years in prison after running elderly man over with his own car
- 2Landlord of historic pub assures locals he’s ‘not turning it into a rave’ as venue gets outdoor...
- 3Four new units being built at Kingsway Business Park
- 4PossAbilities to feature in BBC One documentary with Paddy and Christine McGuinness
- 5Charges for funeral webcasts to be brought in next year – but plan could change if Covid...