Own a Rochdale-born Wildcat for just £20
Date published: 19 March 2009
Photo: David Butterworth
Al Melling's 'Wildcat'.
Sports car manufacturer Al Melling is hoping to boost sales of his Wildcat by hosting a raffle for one of the V8 cars for just £20 a ticket.
The entrepreneur is using the raffle to appeal to car buyers who may be short of cash during the credit crunch, while he is hopeful of getting the majority of his Wildcat cars on the road soon.
The raffle will be drawn after 2,000 tickets have been sold and the winner will have to answer a brain-teasing question before having their car built by Mr Melling and his team.
The first Wildcat was built last year and is on display at Melling Consultancy Design on Mellor Street.
The £45,000 Wildcat features a 5.7 litre V8 engine, producing around 460bhp.
“It’s a car that we think the real sports car enthusiast would want. It’s a real down to earth sports car, and I say it’s the true blooded sports car,” said Mr Melling.
Raffle tickets can be purchased on Al Melling's website at www.almellingsportscars.com.
Participants will be entered into an email draw.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fizz Bomb moves to the Wheatsheaf Centre
- 2New developments must provide open space says campaign group
- 3Year Six pupils learn vital life saving skills
- 4Rochdale dad whose baby daughter survived meningitis to take part in Great Manchester Run
- 5Local beauty salons offering free treatments as incentive for women to attend cervical screening...