Danczuk divorced for adultery
Date published: 09 September 2009
Sonia Milewski, wife of Labour Party Parliamentary Candidate Simon Danczuk, has secured a Decree Nisi against her husband (though the divorce will not be finalised until it is made absolute) on the ground of an irretrievable breakdown; the divorce papers state: “the facts found proved being the Respondent’s [Mr Danczuk] adultery”.
Despite his earlier denials, 42-year-old Mr Danczuk now admits he is the father of 27-year-old Karen Burke's child - and of the child she is currently expecting.
Mr Danczuk is at the centre of controversial allegations made against him, by party members and others, and there is to be a Labour Party disciplinary hearing into seven local party members who called for a full investigation into those allegations. The disciplinary hearing is being brought against the seven on the ground that they have brought the Party into disrepute, and if found guilty, they could be expelled.
The hearing, on 13 and 14 September, will take place in private, at the Broadfield Hotel in Rochdale, but it is understood that the seven will defend their actions, and will be supported by Mr Danczuk's estranged wife Sonia Milewski and Ms Burke's brother Steven Burke.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Conservatives win Heywood & Middleton for first time
- 2Heywood & Middleton General Election 2019 - Live Commentary- Conservatives take Heywood & Middleton...
- 3Tony Lloyd victorious for Labour as he retains Rochdale seat
- 4Rochdale General Election 2019 - Live Commentary - Tony Lloyd retains his seat
- 5Rochdale manufacturer undergoes £2m investment