Middleton school design Christmas e-card
Date published: 15 December 2010
Daisy Cursham and her class
Pupils in Year Two at St Gabriel’s CE Primary School in Middleton, took part in a competition to design Impact Partnership’s Christmas e-card.
The theme of the card was ‘Rochdale at Christmas,’ and all pupils took part by designing their cards as part of their ICT lesson, using Microsoft Paint software. Daisy Cursham, age 7, won the competition for her image of a red robin in front of Rochdale Town Hall.
All entries were of a very high standard and Impact’s Property Services Director, Mike Crompton, presented head teacher, Mrs Race with a poster of all of the entries and £50 of Argos vouchers.
Year Two teacher, Mrs Brown said: “We were happy to take part in the competition as it fitted into our ICT lesson and our objectives of getting Year Two pupils experienced in the Paint software. We will be spending the vouchers on some new wet play toys, as the current ones have had a lot of use.”
Daisy was presented with a £20 Argos voucher and each child that entered received a chocolate selection box.
The ecards will be distributed to Impact’s key stakeholders.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale neighbours celebrate lottery win
- 2Former Westlife singer Brian McFadden covers costs of staging Christmas show raising money for...
- 3Body of a 61-year-old man found inside Kirkholt home
- 4‘100 per cent affordable’ homes plan for former pub site
- 5Estate plan for ‘world’s largest cotton mill’ site are set for approval