Political debating forum
Date published: 09 May 2013
In an endeavour to revitalise interest in local politics, the Rochdale branch of UKIP is launching the Britannia Dining Club, a debating forum for local electors to become more involved in the political life of the borough.
The first meeting will be this Sunday evening (May 12) at Newtown National Club and all are welcome to attend.
Guest speakers at the event, which begins at 6.30 pm, include Bill Etheridge, who contested the recent Greater Manchester Police and Crime Commissioner election for UKIP, and he will be talking about social mobility and meritocracy.
Also addressing the meeting will be Liam Porter, the party’s University Officer, who lives in Rochdale, and his subject will be “UKIP and me - the youth perspective.”
After the speakers there will be a question and answer session followed by a social time with a Halal buffet. Tickets for members are £8, non-members £9 and concessions £7 and the price includes the buffet.
The venue will be the Newtown National Club, in Nixon Street, Castleton, Rochdale OL11 3JN and tickets are available from the Hon Secretary, Rev Dr Barry Harding-Rathbone, on 07906 795712.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tributes paid to Cameron McGowan
- 2Police arrest Middleton man in early morning raid and seize a car, £1k and £100k worth of designer...
- 3Man who raped a woman on her way to Asda is jailed for nine years
- 4Freemasons launch ‘Tech for Good’ scheme
- 5‘It’s like a carrot being dangled’ – Couple forced to retire due to ill health on how it feels to...