Big Daddy Burger not sold at 'halal' KFC in Rochdale
Date published: 27 March 2014
KFC, which is located on Kingsway Retail Park, will not sell the Big Daddy Burger, which contains a whole chicken breast fillet, a hash brown, bacon and a slice of cheese all in a toasted sesame bun, as the store is being run as a 'halal' store.
Some customers have complained to the store about the fact that they are not selling the companies most popular burger but despite these complaints KFC state that there has been a positive reaction to the store being a halal store.
A spokesperson for KFC said: “We have been running a halal trial for several years in areas where there has been demand from our customers, and our Kingsway Retail Park restaurant has been a halal store since 2009.
"Our strict animal welfare standards have not changed, and the Big Daddy burger is the only item we’ve removed from our menu at trial stores.
"Feedback has been very positive, however we understand that some customers want a choice, and anybody wanting a non-halal option can visit our restaurant in Bury."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5New measures in response to the acceleration of coronavirus announced by Health Secretary