Tom Hardman charity events raises £10,500
Date published: 06 June 2014
A charity event in memory of local cricketer Tom Hardman has raised £10,500 for Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY).
The event, named Th96 Run, was a nine mile charity run split across three different stages to suit all fitness levels.
The run, which saw 180 runners take part, started at Rochdale Cricket Club and saw runners pass through Norden Cricket Club, Heywood Cricket Club and Middleton Cricket Club, where Tom was a player.
After the run, an evening of entertainment was held and included a live band and disco at Middleton Cricket Club. An auction and raffle also took place to help raise the money.
Awards were presented to the winners of each category of the race:
- Fastest all male team – The Moonrakers
- Fastest all female team – Ham Legs
- Fastest mixed team – FPHS
- Team which raised the most money – Tommy Katchup
Organiser Will Purser said: “We are hoping that this will become an annual event with more and more people taking part and supporting. Planning has already started for next year with some big plans in place.
“Myself and Grant Jones would like to thank everyone who helped make the day such a huge success - runners, volunteers, sponsors, spectators and everyone who donated to the auction/raffle. We hope that you will help spread the word next year.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man found dead in Heywood
- 2Work starts on new £3m development at Sandbrook Business Park
- 3Police are trying to reunite power tools recovered in Rochdale raids with their owners
- 4Rochdale mum creates Activity Pack boxes after witnessing ‘demands of home working’ on children...
- 5Man arrested following car theft in Rochdale