Massive increase in use of electric vehicle charging points
Date published: 31 October 2014
Charging posts at the back of the Town Hall Car Park
The use of electric vehicle charging points across Greater Manchester has increased almost twelvefold during their first operational year.
In September 2014, 974 public charge sessions were recorded, 11.8 times more than the 82 sessions recorded during September 2013 – the scheme’s first full month of operation.
Under the Greater Manchester Electric Vehicle (GMEV) scheme over 300 charging points have been installed throughout Greater Manchester including River Street Car Park in Rochdale, Rochdale Town Hall Car Park and Rochdale Train Station with another charging bay in Middleton Arena car park.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5New measures in response to the acceleration of coronavirus announced by Health Secretary