Massive increase in use of electric vehicle charging points
Date published: 31 October 2014
Charging posts at the back of the Town Hall Car Park
The use of electric vehicle charging points across Greater Manchester has increased almost twelvefold during their first operational year.
In September 2014, 974 public charge sessions were recorded, 11.8 times more than the 82 sessions recorded during September 2013 – the scheme’s first full month of operation.
Under the Greater Manchester Electric Vehicle (GMEV) scheme over 300 charging points have been installed throughout Greater Manchester including River Street Car Park in Rochdale, Rochdale Town Hall Car Park and Rochdale Train Station with another charging bay in Middleton Arena car park.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Facemask advice if you wear glasses or hearing aids
- 2Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 3Coronavirus: Greater Manchester declares major incident
- 4Funding secured for two major projects in the Rochdale borough
- 5New temporary testing units to open in Rochdale town centre and Littleborough