Car fire on Whitworth Road
Date published: 15 June 2015
Whitworth Road was closed for a short period this morning (Monday 15 June) as firefighters tackled a car fire. Due to the car being a Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) conversion fuelled vehicle, the fire service had to put a cordon in place.
The fire service were called to the incident at 7.40am, in which the rear wheel of a black BMW X5 had caught fire.
It is currently unclear as to what caused the fire, but GMP confirmed that there were no suspicious circumstances, nor had a crash taken place.
One fire crew from Rochdale attended and used a hose reel and breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.
No injuries were reported due to the incident.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Middleton man jailed for his part in ‘industrial scale' £61m drug conspiracy
- 2Landlord of historic pub assures locals he’s ‘not turning it into a rave’ as venue gets outdoor...
- 3Rochdale man sentenced to 14 years in prison after running elderly man over with his own car
- 4Four new units being built at Kingsway Business Park
- 5Christmas Toy Appeal needs your support