Locals finalists in Greater Manchester Sports Awards
Date published: 14 November 2017
Six local people and a local school are finalists in the Greater Manchester Sports Awards taking place on Friday 17 November, at The Point, Emirates Old Trafford.
The event celebrates the outstanding commitment and achievements made in physical activity and sport across the Greater Manchester area. BBC Radio Manchester presenter Chelsea Norris is the night’s host, and former Manchester United defender Gary Neville is the guest speaker.
- Changing Lifestyle Award: - Catherine Szymanskj
- Coach of the Year: Steven Connellan
- Disabled Sports Achiever of the Year: Stuart Bloor
- School Commitment to PE & Sport Award: Holy Family RC School
- Sports Achiever of the Year: Azeem Amir
- Unsung Hero of the Year: Lina Vincent
- Volunteer of the Year: Susan Whitehead
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.