Sailing: Season opener at Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 08 March 2018
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Five enthusiastic sailors from Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club opened the season at the Lake on Sunday.
After clearing the slipway of ice accumulated during the week, there was a pleasant breeze suitable for racing. Indeed the wind sometimes shifted and softened in strength.
Chris Massey in a RS300 took the first win though the day's best results were by Adam McGovern and Ellie Davies in a GP14, winning the second race and being second in the other two races.
Club Commodore Andy Carter, an expert in a Topper, took the third race.
Tom Daniel in a Solo had to be the back-marking challenger.
Graham Knox, Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club said: “With the improving weather, there will be more boats on the water soon.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 2Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 3Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 4Friends help with travel costs as Millie fights second cancer battle
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale