Sailing: Bithell and Turner best results at Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 09 August 2018
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Les Bithell and Emma Turner had the best results, leading in the second and third races, as conditions at the lake on Sunday attracted the Merlin Rocket fleet, with six boats out racing.
The racing was close, with Bruce Mager and Craig Jowett who had lead in the first race.
However, adjusting for the handicaps, Martin Brennan in a Solo was the real winner in all three races.
With second and third places, Nigel Davey, also in a Solo, was runner up overall. Colin Knott and Richard Long (GP14) had an excellent day too.
Mixing in the results was Will Smith, out in his father's Phantom dinghy, while father David sailed his Laser and was beaten in each race.
Several of the Club's GP14 fleet members had been away in Cornwall participating in their World Championship.
Out of 119 boats, best placed was Adam McGovern and Eleanor Davies who finished 20th overall.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New lease of life could await former pubs
- 2Daughter of missing Wakefield woman found in Rochdale launches appeal to find kind stranger who...
- 3Rochdale’s outdoor market will no longer operate on a Friday
- 4Clampdown on driving offences in Milkstone and Deeplish
- 5Chippy dishes out free fish and chips for nursing home