Sailing: Bithell and Turner best results at Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 09 August 2018
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Les Bithell and Emma Turner had the best results, leading in the second and third races, as conditions at the lake on Sunday attracted the Merlin Rocket fleet, with six boats out racing.
The racing was close, with Bruce Mager and Craig Jowett who had lead in the first race.
However, adjusting for the handicaps, Martin Brennan in a Solo was the real winner in all three races.
With second and third places, Nigel Davey, also in a Solo, was runner up overall. Colin Knott and Richard Long (GP14) had an excellent day too.
Mixing in the results was Will Smith, out in his father's Phantom dinghy, while father David sailed his Laser and was beaten in each race.
Several of the Club's GP14 fleet members had been away in Cornwall participating in their World Championship.
Out of 119 boats, best placed was Adam McGovern and Eleanor Davies who finished 20th overall.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Riverbank outdoor market opens Saturday
- 2Changes to taxi ranks in Rochdale town centre
- 3Rochdale Sixth Form College achieves 99% A-level pass rate for seventh year running
- 4Man with outstanding immigration application detained
- 5Three charged as part of an investigation into modern slavery in Rochdale