Sailing: Richard Marsh leads latest races
Date published: 05 December 2018
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Keen sailors were not put off by the rain on the penultimate Sunday of racing for the year on Sunday (2 December 2018).
It was Richard Marsh's (RS200) turn to lead in each race, with daughter Lauren for the first two and Jasper Bramwell for the third one. The wind was gusty at times and they were caught out within a short distance of the finish line and capsized, but righted quickly enough to still hold the lead.
Martin Brennan in his Solo was runner up on the day, though Bruce Mager and Craig Jowett (Merlin Rocket) scored second in the first race.
Colin Knott and Richard Long (GP14) sailed consistently for third place overall.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Car parks on Rochdale town centre tramlines
- 2Family-run drugs gang who forced vulnerable child to deal narcotics has been jailed
- 3Rochdale's famed peregrine falcons lay first egg of year
- 4Public given exclusive tour of the new Riverside development
- 5Eyesore sites to be transformed as housing developments get underway