Rochdale AFC Chairman and director step down
Date published: 06 December 2018
The Chairman of Rochdale AFC and a fellow director have announced their intentions to step down from their positions.
The club revealed on Wednesday (5 December) that William Goodwin, who joined the Board of Directors in 2012, had taken the decision to step down both from the board and from his day-to-day involvement with the club.
Just hours later, this was followed by a surprise announcement from Chairman Chris Dunphy, who has served for over 30 years as a director and chairman, that he “intends to retire as Chairman at the end of the year”.
Mr Dunphy’s last game will be on 29 December against Bradford City at the Crown Oil Arena.
The news follows an announcement from the club last week that four new directors have joined the board - Andrew Kilpatrick, the club’s President has joined as a director along with current employees James Mason (CEO), Gina Buckley (Club Secretary) and Frances Fielding (Sales and Marketing manager) as executive directors.
At the same time, Associate Director John Smallwood has stepped down from his position.
Rochdale AFC has not yet responded to an invitation to comment.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale raised drag queen to feature on upcoming RuPaul’s Drag Race UK
- 2‘Mistake’ of allowing festive mixing combined with the new Covid-19 variant will have tragic...
- 3Murder enquiry launched after death of Heywood baby
- 4Fears community relations in Rochdale could be hit if ‘absolutely critical’ liaison post is cut
- 5Former GP avoids jail after attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child