Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 12 December 2018
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
The final Sunday (9 December 2018) of racing for the year was a gloriously sunny day with a gusty north westerly wind catching out the unwary. Martin Brennan, in his Solo, won the day with a win in the first of the two races followed by a third place. These were not the most suitable conditions for him to win as there were also flat spots to slow down boats. The faster boats looked to be well ahead and indeed there was a tie in the last race between Chris Massey in his single-handed RS 300 and Richard and Lauren Marsh in a RS200.
In the first race, ten years old Jasper Bramwell in his Topper dinghy sailed very well to finish in the runner-up place. This was an excellent result for him.
Bruce Mager and Craig Jowett, in a Merlin Rocket, were the most consistent pairing with third and fourth places.
This concludes the Winter Trophy races which was won convincingly by Martin Brennan, with Richard and Lauren Marsh as runners-up..
The Club's racing season begins again in March.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital after being shot near Falinge Park
- 2Mother’s heartache as killer of Chloe Cockton to be allowed home leave from prison
- 3A Castleton woman has been jailed for a collision which left a mother unable to walk
- 4Motorcyclist receives serious leg injuries as collision closes part of Oldham Road in both...
- 5Ealees pond and meadow to be cleared and restored