Rugby League: Junior Hornets scheme “a success”
Date published: 17 December 2018
Scroll down for Video
The first series of Junior Hornets training sessions have been declared a huge success by the Hornets Foundation, with over 20 local children taking part.
The Junior Hornets scheme was aimed at primary school age kids in Heywood and saw them learning the basics of rugby league through a series of introductory sessions led by coaches from the Hornets Foundation.
A Foundation spokesperson said: “We saw our numbers rise week on week and the scheme concluded on Tuesday night at the Heywood Sports Village, where we were proud to present the kids with free rugby balls and tickets to the Rochdale Hornets Christmas party.
“Thanks to everyone who took part and to the mums and dads who brought them along - we look forward to seeing you all again in the New Year.”
A Junior Hornets training session
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman released under investigation after Rochdale death
- 225-year-old woman arrested after man sustained fatal injuries
- 3Former head teacher of Lowerplace Primary School banned from teaching after cheating in KS2 SATs
- 4Milnrow man charged after dawn raids in Oldham last week
- 5Borough's new LGBT+ identity is launched