Rochdale's Dan Adshead hailed for on & off pitch achievements in League of Football Educations '11'
Date published: 21 December 2018
The on and off the pitch achievements of 11 young footballers, including Rochdale’s Dan Adshead, has been recognised by League Football Education (LFE).
‘The 11’ acknowledges the football and academic progress of Under-18 players on apprenticeships at current or former English Football League (EFL) clubs - and is also designed to assess other factors, including involvement in community or charity-based initiatives.
This accolade celebrates the holistic development of young players, a barometer which is also applied to the LFE Apprentice of the Year Awards presented at The EFL Awards dinner in April. England Under-20 World Cup winners Ademola Lookman (formerly Charlton Athletic), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (formerly Sheffield United) and Lewis Cook (formerly Leeds United) have all previously been named in ‘The 11’.
Everton forward Lookman and AFC Bournemouth midfielder Cook also went on to become Apprentice of the Year winners, as did Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) and Watford’s Ben Wilmot (formerly Stevenage), who were both featured prior to picking up the 2018 awards in the Sky Bet Championship and Sky Bet League Two, respectively.
Others to previously appear in this select group include Leeds United’s Jamie Shackleton, Swansea City striker Oli McBurnie (formerly Bradford City) and England Under-17 World Cup winners Steven Sessegnon (Fulham) and Billy Crellin (Fleetwood Town).
LFE chief executive Sarah Stephen added: “The 11 is directly associated with apprentice reviews that are conducted by our regional officers throughout the season. It is a great way to highlight the achievements and progression of talented young footballers who apply themselves to all aspects of their apprenticeship.”
The 11 – May 2018:
- Dan Adshead (Rochdale)
- Reuben Collins (AFC Wimbledon)
- Ben Forrest (Birmingham City)
- Joe Adams (Bury)
- Joe Neal (Cambridge United)
- Jared Wild (Chesterfield)
- Jordan Adebayo-Smith (Lincoln City)
- Tyla Dickinson (QPR)
- Tom Pugh (Scunthorpe United)
- Marcus Dewhurst (Sheffield United)
- Daniel Ojo (Yeovil Town)
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Teenage cyclist in serious condition after collision in Rochdale
- 2Seven Sisters tenants told their blocks WILL be torn down
- 3Struggling school has ‘turned the corner’ says watchdog
- 4Healthwatch Rochdale publishes findings and recommendations after visit at Four Seasons Residential...
- 5Medicine Tap celebrates first birthday by unlocking new cocktail bar