Football: Harrison McGahey leaves Dale
Date published: 04 January 2019
Rochdale AFC defender Harrison McGahey has today joined Scunthorpe United for an undisclosed fee.
The 23-year-old has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal at Scunthorpe.
McGahey joined Rochdale in the summer of 2016 from Sheffield United and has made over 100 appearances.
Dale manager Keith Hill said: “It has been great to work with him, and it’s my decision that Harrison was allowed to leave and go to Scunthorpe.
“I’ve got a lot of time for Harrison, having worked with him for two-and-a-half years, and we’ve had some really good successes, but I do feel as though it’s time for Harrison to move on."
“I wish him all the best and I’ll keep a keen eye on his future. I have a strong relationship with Harrison but I believe the timing was right to accept the offer from Scunthorpe.”
In a statement, Rochdale AFC thanked Harrison for his contribution and commitment during his time at the club and wished him all the best for the future.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Previously ‘good’ school told it must improve by watchdog
- 2Plans submitted for controversial 100-home estate
- 3Rochdale town centre businesses after Saturday’s flood
- 4Flooding photo and video gallery - Saturday 16 March 2019
- 5Increased security in place at Royal Oldham Hospital as doctor is carjacked at knifepoint