Rugby League: Rochdale Hornets relaunches women’s team
Date published: 30 January 2019
Rochdale Hornets Women will begin training regularly at Oulder Hill Leisure Complex
Sunday 27 January 2019 marked a historic day for rugby league in Rochdale, as Rochdale Hornets relaunched their women’s team.
A group of women met at the Soccer Factory in Rochdale for the inaugural training session of the Rochdale Hornets Women’s Rugby League team, being put through their paces by former Rochdale Mayfield forward David Chrimes, who will serve as Head Coach, and Kirsty Crehan, a full-time community coach with the Rochdale Hornets Foundation, who will assist him.
The Hornets Foundation has been active in rekindling women’s rugby league in the borough by holding girls’ training sessions at schools all over Rochdale, as well as coaching both boys and girls at primary schools and via the Junior Hornets scheme, aimed at under 12s.
After the successful first session, Rochdale Hornets Women will begin training regularly at Oulder Hill Leisure Complex between 7pm and 8pm on Monday nights – any women interested in taking part are encouraged to come along and try out – no prior experience is required.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 3Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 4Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale