Football: Rekeil Pyke joins Rochdale AFC on loan
Date published: 30 January 2019
Rochdale Football Club has signed forward Rekeil Pyke on loan from Premier League side Huddersfield until the end of the season.
Pyke, 21, came through the youth ranks at the Terriers, having joined the club when he was 11-years-old, and was offered professional terms in 2015.
Since then, he has gained valuable experience while out on loan at Colchester United, Port Vale and most recently Wrexham AFC, where he returned for a second spell at the start of the 2018/19 season. He has been an ever-present in the Dragons’ side that are pushing for promotion from the National League.
“I’m looking forward to the new challenge and seeing what the rest of the season brings,” said Pyke.
“It’s a step up in the leagues for me but I’m relishing the opportunity to play in League One and I can’t wait to get started.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 3Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 4Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale