Football: Rekeil Pyke joins Rochdale AFC on loan
Date published: 30 January 2019
Rochdale Football Club has signed forward Rekeil Pyke on loan from Premier League side Huddersfield until the end of the season.
Pyke, 21, came through the youth ranks at the Terriers, having joined the club when he was 11-years-old, and was offered professional terms in 2015.
Since then, he has gained valuable experience while out on loan at Colchester United, Port Vale and most recently Wrexham AFC, where he returned for a second spell at the start of the 2018/19 season. He has been an ever-present in the Dragons’ side that are pushing for promotion from the National League.
“I’m looking forward to the new challenge and seeing what the rest of the season brings,” said Pyke.
“It’s a step up in the leagues for me but I’m relishing the opportunity to play in League One and I can’t wait to get started.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man jailed for approaching underage girls for sex in Broadfield Park
- 2Man arrested after a woman was raped
- 3Industrial waste exposed after River Spodden banking collapses
- 4Rochdale Feel Good Festival announces 3 new acts
- 5Rochdale police column: Dispersal order for Littleborough, shoplifting in Kingsway and the Milnrow...