Joe Bunney returns to Dale on loan
Date published: 31 January 2019
Former player Joe Bunney has returned to Rochdale AFC on loan from Northampton Town until the the end of the season.
Bunney returns for a second spell at the Crown Oil Arena, having initially joined the club from Northwich Victoria back in 2013.
After making his debut – and scoring – for the club on the final day of the 2012/13 season, he went on to make almost 150 appearances during a near five-year stay.
The 25-year-old joined Northampton Town on a permanent deal in January 2018 and has spent the first half of the 2018/19 season on loan at fellow League One side Blackpool.
“I don’t feel like I’ve left really – it’s only been a year,” said Bunney.
“I’ve not had a lot of football in that year, so it’s good to be home.
“I know what the manager expects from his players, to work hard. Hopefully, I don’t have to take time to settle in and can hit the ground running.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 3Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 4Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale