Jimmy Keohane joins Rochdale on a short term contract
Date published: 01 February 2019
Jimmy Keohane has joined Rochdale AFC on a short term deal until the end of the season, having trained with the side over the last two weeks.
The versatile Keohane started his senior career at Wexford Youths, before forging a career in England.
The 28-year-old free agent made nearly 100 appearances for Exeter City, and has spent the last two seasons at Cork City having joined them from Sligo Rovers. He was part of the Rebel Army squad that won the League and Cup double in 2017.
Keohane said: “I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead and contributing to the team as much as I can.
“I’ve played for five-and-a-half years in England before, so I’m used to the EFL and it will be a good test in League One.
“It’s a welcoming group and the training has been good, so I’m really looking forward to my time at the club.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Edenfield Road (A680), Rochdale closed both ways at Owd Betts
- 2'Disturbance' closes Sandy Lane as two injured men taken to hospital
- 3A man has been arrested and bailed after a disturbance in Rochdale yesterday
- 4Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 5Man charged with child grooming offences