Sailing: Training weekend for British Blind Sailing
Date published: 06 February 2019
Over the last weekend in January, Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club hosted a training weekend for British Blind Sailing.
Visually impaired sailors from all over the country came to get on the water. Eight boats were out on Saturday 26 January in breezy conditions while Sunday 27 January was too windy for these intrepid sailors, who spent the day on theory.
Among those present were members of teams that have won World Blind Sailing Championships. Their principal events take place on the sea or very large lakes in boats with keels. However, there is a better opportunity for training in small dinghies and the usually sheltered waters of Hollingworth Lake. They will be back again in February for another weekend of training.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 3Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 4Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale