Sailing: Training weekend for British Blind Sailing
Date published: 06 February 2019
Over the last weekend in January, Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club hosted a training weekend for British Blind Sailing.
Visually impaired sailors from all over the country came to get on the water. Eight boats were out on Saturday 26 January in breezy conditions while Sunday 27 January was too windy for these intrepid sailors, who spent the day on theory.
Among those present were members of teams that have won World Blind Sailing Championships. Their principal events take place on the sea or very large lakes in boats with keels. However, there is a better opportunity for training in small dinghies and the usually sheltered waters of Hollingworth Lake. They will be back again in February for another weekend of training.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man jailed for approaching underage girls for sex in Broadfield Park
- 2Man arrested after a woman was raped
- 3Industrial waste exposed after River Spodden banking collapses
- 4Rochdale Feel Good Festival announces 3 new acts
- 5Rochdale police column: Dispersal order for Littleborough, shoplifting in Kingsway and the Milnrow...