Football: Andy Lonergan joins Rochdale on emergency loan deal
Date published: 07 February 2019
Experienced goalkeeper Andy Lonergan has signed to Rochdale AFC on an emergency seven-day loan.
He joins from Championship side Middlesbrough under the EFL’s seven-day emergency loan deal.
After Josh Lillis suffered an injury in last weekend’s win at Walsall, Dale have acted swiftly to secure Lonergan in time for Saturday’s match at home to Coventry City.
The 35-year-old has made almost 350 appearances in the EFL since his debut for Preston North End in 2001.
He made over 200 appearances for the Lilywhites and has enjoyed spells at Leeds United, Bolton Wanderers, Fulham and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The goalkeeper joined Middlesbrough during the summer of 2018 and appeared against Dale in the Carabao Cup second round earlier this season.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 2Whitworth man convicted of child sex offences
- 3Cambridge success for former Oulder Hill pupil after fantastic A-level results
- 4Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 5Probation failings "most likely" contributed to murder of Michael Hoolickin